Balconies are finally getting the attention they deserve!
Every METRO425 includes a spacious balcony, giving you all the advantages of an outdoor space, and none of the disadvantages of a full backyard.
Best of all, you can truly make your METRO425 balcony your own. Here are our top ten styling tips to transform your new outdoor space.
- Think about what you want to use your balcony for and set up zones accordingly. You may have a space for people to sit and chat, space for a herb garden, or an area for a barbecue or cocktail bar, for example.
- Choose a colour palette and mix and match your furniture and décor within that range. Whether you go for neutral tones or brighter shades, you can stick to just a few colours and still have a lot of fun with different textures, patterns and prints.
- Choose furniture that easily folds or stacks, so you have the flexibility to move the furniture aside and open up the space for activities like yoga or pilates.
- Multi-function furniture, like bench seats with storage inside, can help you make the most of the space. This type of seating works best when fixed around the edges of the balcony,
- Floor pillows are a quick and easy way to add extra seating when you have visitors, and they can be stored inside bench seating when not needed.
- Choose plants that suit your personal style. If your thumb is not green at all, a succulent garden or low-maintenance pots may be ideal. If you enjoy gardening, you may prefer to install a vertical garden, or herb and vegetable garden.
- Turn one wall into a feature by installing wood panelling, a vertical garden, decorative drapes, shelving or displaying a collection of prints or photos.
- Lighting can make a huge difference to the atmosphere of your balcony. Candles and fairy lights are an easy to use option with no installation required. Just be careful not to leave candles unattended.
- Don’t forget about the floor. A large rug or mat can tie the elements of the space together beautifully and soften the overall effect.
- As a final touch, and to truly make the balcony yours, trawl the local op shops and vintage stores for a statement piece. It could be a statue or bowl, a quirky chair or vintage drinks trolley, something that catches your eye, speaks to you and stamps the space with your personality.
If you would like to know more about METRO425 and view the floorplans for the remaining apartments, please contact Constantine Pappas on 0423 047 020 or ua.moc.hr.yelnu@sappaP.noC.